Two Custom Wranglers To Debut At Moab This Year - Wrangler JL Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Two Custom Wranglers To Debut At Moab This Year

Started back in 1967 by the Moab Chamber of Commerce, the Easter Jeep Safari is an annual event where enthusiasts from around the country, maybe even the world, gather to take on the backcountry trails of Moab, Utah.

What makes this event more special are the concept vehicles that Jeep usually brings. This year will be no different as the automaker plans to reveal two customized off-roaders and before the event is set to kick off next week, Jeep has released two teaser photos.

Based on the outgoing Wrangler unlimited, the four-door concept sitting on top of a cliff is dubbed the Switchback. We can expect to see it sporting a set of beefy tires, roof rack, cut out doors and more. The second concept with a short-wheelbase is based on the two-door Wrangler. Called Quicksand, CarScoops thinks it may be sitting on a set of wide tires that are commonly found on desert orientated Wranglers.

Taking place from April 8-16, FCA promises to release more information and images before the 2017 Easter Jeep Safari is underway.
post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 09:06 AM

Here's the close up shot of the four door and I'm digging the holes cut into those doors. They actually remind me of the ones from sideXside vehicles. Looks like there are two trailer hitches in the rear too?

post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 09:19 AM

Trailer hitches or tow hooks. but either way, I'm loving those holes in the doors! That looks pretty badass, but I would hope there are covers that you could install as well? I understand it's custom and just for show but still.. I want them...

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 07:20 PM

Well with how easy is it to remove doors on a wrangler you can get these doors if you really want them, all while maintaining some level of practicality when you most want it. Some owners I know have a winter setup and summer setup, this applies to them.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 09:18 AM

This website has all of the photos to check out. The Switchback (the one with the door cutouts) looks phenomenal!

2018 Jeep Wrangler Grille Hides in Plain Sight in Easter Jeep Safari Concepts | Automobile Magazine
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 04:32 PM

Grille on the Safari model looks to be close to the spy shots. Smart move by Jeep for teasing it in this way all while not giving out too much information on the JL. Basically they just brought to reality on the one part everyone knew about or could get little traction on. This has me thinking about what could be next.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 06:19 PM

it was probably the same grille we saw, painted black, sitting on cardboard and in some office. plays in perfectly to what happened here for Moab.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 09:07 AM

As I recall, wasn't that grille accidentally shipped to the wrong place? What does give it away as the new grille design it where it bends outwards at around the halfway point. Looks pretty good, especially with the silver accent.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 09:18 AM

The grill on the safari is the same as the one on the quicksand I think, you just can't see it as well because of the color.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 05:24 PM

What will be funny is if the grille we're seeing is just a version inspired by the real thing and not the real thing placed on this built. not all that hard to do it so that should always be a possibility.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page