2018 Wrangler JL Interior Revealed - Wrangler JL Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

2018 Wrangler JL Interior Revealed

Creature comforts and dash design wasnít really the Wranglerís forte and after 10 years, the JKís interior can look a bit dated. With the new Wrangler JL, Jeep looks to be making small exterior tweaks whilst giving the interior an overhaul.

AutoBlog spy photographers were able to take the first ever spy shots of the JLís interior and it looks to be much improved from its predecessorís hard plastics and outdated infotainment interface, more akin to a normal SUV. The dashboard is still shallow and largely vertical, but this time around itíll be colored with a large infotainment screen taking center stage.

Most likely, the Wrangler JL will use Fiat-Chryslerís Uconnect 8.4 infotainment system to control vehicle navigation, music and heated seats, and displays information on vehicle settings and climate control. Sitting under the screen is an array of buttons and knobs, which interestingly includes window controls, meaning the doors could still be fully removable. There are also four auxiliary control buttons for all your winching, light bar, and off-road modding needs.

The overall quality of materials used seems to be of nicer quality, but we do wonder if itíll still be as weatherproof as its predecessorís dashboard. In the Wranglerís previous iterations, there are drain plugs in the floor for easy cleaning after a muddy ride and owners wonít have to worry about sudden downpours damaging the infotainment system.

Thereís plenty to see if you take your time and zoom into the Wrangler JL spy shots. Let us know what you think of the new interior.

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 09:10 AM

I actually really don't like that trim that's in there... it looks so awkward and cheap
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 11:15 PM

Not a fan of the red? It's not bad, really dependent on the material they use because the texture can make the red either look really great or really cheap.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:34 AM

Looks like trim pieces off of a PT cruiser kind of thing. That shiny really plastic feeling stuff. Shouldn't be too hard to wrap it in a black vinyl though and I'm just being really picky lol.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 05:17 PM

Didn't expect that kind of feedback about the dash. Personally I love it, adds the perfect level of retro feel all while incorporating the right amount of modern styling.

Jeep is doing the right thing. Here we have more uniform styling, compared to the JK.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:20 AM

I find the JK interior to be uniform though as everything is harmonized together. With the JL now, we have a random splash of color on an awkward split panel lol

Again, just my opinion though
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:29 AM

One are they could have done better in is the info screen surround, looks odd and cheap.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
One are they could have done better in is the info screen surround, looks odd and cheap.
I'm all for it because of retro styling.

If you look back at some retro styles you'll see certain areas are raised much like what we're seeing here. But not only that but it looks good.

From all I see, i'm content with the interior.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:23 AM

I'm personally not a fan. but I assume it's raised for weatherproofing reasons so all the seams are covered and water won't leak in.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:28 AM

Completely forgot about weather proofing the interior as that's a big thing for Wranglers. What other measures do they take to try and weather proof it?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page