Wrangler JL Forum banner

Advanced Info !

16K views 37 replies 8 participants last post by  gladiator 
#1 ·
A user on instagram @thejeep_guy posted some advanced information to his profile. Seems to outline the dates of the upcoming plans. Sales launch by September 17,2018 ... I can wait for that ! How about you ?

See less See more
#9 ·
Don't know much about this but what I do know is if it's not on something recent then odds are it might not follow any new regulation set out since new safety regulations might suggest your only allowed to lower/raise the top under slow driving speeds. Depends on construction of the top as well. Many variables.

#11 ·
The new 850RE transmission seems to be able to hold up to 500Nm or ~370lb-ft of torque according to what I'm reading. Really not too shabby at all, but that kind of puts a hinder on my plans for upgrading. Really have to see what this transmission is comprised of and if changes can be made. Otherwise, hopefully the 6 speed manual can be paired with this (can't see why not) and that'll be the route to follow.

#14 ·
The only thing is OEM's like to aim for safe levels of power output so we can't expect too much from it maybe just slightly above the competition, enough to give them an edge in power but that's about it.

Plus these days boosted systems in vehicles like this are more for serving fuel econ requirements, better power is just a perk.

#20 ·
Deposit still helps since the wait can vary depending on which batch you get from and when that batch releases. I don't know about you but I rather minimize my wait as much as possible. First allocation owners usually have it the best, after all, car makers want a smooth launch.

#21 ·
More advanced info!
The JL Wrangler will come with less trim options.

2 Door Wrangler gets Sport and Rubicon
Wrangler Unlimited gets Sport, Sahara, and Rubicon

10 available packages including Electronic Infotainment System Group and Technology Group.

#26 ·
those were way too subtle to be because all it included that hinted at the new JL was the grille design and personally i think they could have done more all while still meeting their overall design objectives, after all these were some unique concepts, one was a hot rod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.