Hellcat JL - Wrangler JL Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Hellcat JL

It looks like Jeep builders have already begun to heavily modify the new JL, and we're getting a first glimpse at one Hellcat powered swap. They didn't get into details about power output numbers, but there are sure to be substantial with a supercharger.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 09:04 AM

I feel like a Hellcat engine is the last thing a car with frame weld issues needs lol. I know the problem seems to have affected a small number of models, but this chassis wasn't built to support this kind of powerplant.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
I feel like a Hellcat engine is the last thing a car with frame weld issues needs lol. I know the problem seems to have affected a small number of models, but this chassis wasn't built to support this kind of powerplant.
Also one of the things I'm not in favor of which is modifying a vehicle into something it wasn't intended to be.

But in the world of automotive customzation and personalization when money is as flush as what we're seeing, there are always surprises.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 08:47 AM

There is no stopping tuning shops from trying to produce the unconceivable. There are tunes that Hennessey has produced for the Trackhawk that allow it to outdrag a Ford GT lol.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

With enough power you can make any brick fly, but whats the point if it can't manage its way through corners? Hennessey is just trying to make people forget about the atrocious things they've done to customers in the past.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
There is no stopping tuning shops from trying to produce the unconceivable. There are tunes that Hennessey has produced for the Trackhawk that allow it to outdrag a Ford GT lol.
The Ford GT wasn't made for straight line performance anyways, although it does do some impressive 1/4 mile runs. Trackhawk next to a GT-R is more interesting IMO.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 08:46 AM

While it may not have been designed specially for the drag strip, that's expected of a car that costs $450k. Many have come to realize that the supercar is actually more powerful than advertised.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
While it may not have been designed specially for the drag strip, that's expected of a car that costs $450k. Many have come to realize that the supercar is actually more powerful than advertised.
they were powerful in former times. I'm not sure that modern engines are that reliable and can easily double their stock horsepower

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page