FCA Sales Propped UP By Jeep And Ram - Page 2 - Wrangler JL Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Agreed, it's all about proper maintenance when it comes to a vehicle's longevity. The reliability thing is more about problems that may crop up in a new vehicle around the first year or so. But proper cleaning and maintenance will make the average car last longer.
gladiator likes this.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:48 PM

Also, since we're dealing with a new vehicle here, what you do initially factors in as well. Over the years i have noticed less of a need for a strict break in process, if that's the case we won't have anything to think about aside from not driving like an idiot. If we do, then it will be the typical criteria we follow leading up to the first oil change and maybe even the 2nd if you want to play it extra safe.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:42 AM

Some people go as far as to send out their oil from their oil changes to a lab to get inspected and track the progress of it to see what's going on internally. That's playing super extra safe

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:54 PM

Too much work for me and for most people, in my case i'm a short term buyer and whatever negative impact i experience just doesn't happen to an extent I would care about.

But this being a Wrangler there's a certain level of loyalty going on that will eventually see to it that this happens. I bet the JK guys have done it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page