Advanced Info ! - Page 2 - Wrangler JL Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

The new 850RE transmission seems to be able to hold up to 500Nm or ~370lb-ft of torque according to what I'm reading. Really not too shabby at all, but that kind of puts a hinder on my plans for upgrading. Really have to see what this transmission is comprised of and if changes can be made. Otherwise, hopefully the 6 speed manual can be paired with this (can't see why not) and that'll be the route to follow.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 09:12 AM

Maybe there's going to be a bit of wiggle room for you when the JL comes. We don't know how much torque the Hurricane engine is going to produce in the JL, all we have is a rumor that it can pump out around 300 hp.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Considering it's a turbo motor though, I'm willing to bank on the torque output being around the 320-330lb-ft mark. Turbos provide that torque real well, and I'm banking on peak torque to be around the 4-5k area. Hopefully lol.

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 06:11 PM

The only thing is OEM's like to aim for safe levels of power output so we can't expect too much from it maybe just slightly above the competition, enough to give them an edge in power but that's about it.

Plus these days boosted systems in vehicles like this are more for serving fuel econ requirements, better power is just a perk.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator View Post
The only thing is OEM's like to aim for safe levels of power output so we can't expect too much from it maybe just slightly above the competition, enough to give them an edge in power but that's about it.

Plus these days boosted systems in vehicles like this are more for serving fuel econ requirements, better power is just a perk.
Reliability is one thing i`ll be concerned about since they already produce a naturally aspirated 2.0 putting out 160hp and reports are saying this boosted 4 cylinder will produce as much as 300hp.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 04:55 PM

There's always going to be a risk of reducing an engine's reliability when you try to squeeze out more power than what the factory offers since the engine internals will be exposed to higher pressures and temperatures. Maybe a flash tune will be sufficient for most.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 11:51 PM

New info! Sources say the 2018 Jeep Wrangler will start hitting dealership floors in mid to late December 2017. This was from a recent dealer meeting with Jeep.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

So this should be a good time to try and get a deposit down on an allocation if you're good with your dealer perhaps? Then follow up with a build a bit closer when the books open?
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 09:48 AM

Really depends on your dealership and how much Wrangler allotment they'll be getting. won't really need a deposit if they're going to be getting a lot in stock. Also heard the Jeep Wrangler diesel is already being tested before its 2019 launch.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Really depends on your dealership and how much Wrangler allotment they'll be getting. won't really need a deposit if they're going to be getting a lot in stock. Also heard the Jeep Wrangler diesel is already being tested before its 2019 launch.
Deposit still helps since the wait can vary depending on which batch you get from and when that batch releases. I don't know about you but I rather minimize my wait as much as possible. First allocation owners usually have it the best, after all, car makers want a smooth launch.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page