Advanced Info ! - Page 4 - Wrangler JL Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRider View Post
Wasn't even aware that Jeep was limiting Wrangler export to other countries, but I suppose it makes sense to meet local demands before delivering the excess globally.
You bet, much easier to move these from the plant in Toledo by truck across north america than it is to move these by ship across the sea, and moving them is just one of the factors to global market sales.
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 09:36 AM

If sales abroad exceeds their expectations, then Jeep may open up another Factory in Europe. But for now, the U.S. factory should be more than able to supply the world with the new expansion.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 12:29 PM

Unless the U.S. is able to get better trade deals then maybe producing in the home market and sticking to strictly exporting is the way to go. Personally I rather see that unless demand is really high for the other part of the ocean.

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 09:11 AM

Just realized the new Wrangler JL is rumored to start production on November 13th and debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show which takes place after that in December 1–10 this year. So I assume people can put down a deposit for one right after the show if Jeep will already have an army of them in stock.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 09:33 AM

The first few production runs could be testers for the assembly line and the cars produced are testers. I think that's a common practice with manufacturers, though they may have the process fine tuned before the reveal but you shouldn't expect instant delivery on a large scale.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 01:53 PM

If they don't let journalists in the first Wranglers that show up then it will be a clear sign that they are very early models but often when the car is complete they will let just about anyone in it. Car makers are strict about how they release vehicles.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 09:45 AM

The first few models are usually used a test vehicles even if they are flawed, that's why some reviews claim that the car they were testing aren't the complete production model.
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 10:59 AM

I heard that sometimes they get cars from an allocation specifically for the press which have been said to be tweaked for favorable reviews. So that's something to look out for, too bad with the way things go its hard to point out this all the time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page