Rugged Ridge releases tube doors for JL - Wrangler JL Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Rugged Ridge releases tube doors for JL

Rugged Ridge just yesterday showed off the new tube doors that they have coming for the JL. They are constructed from 50mm OD steel tubing, sturdy 12-guage steel plate and finished with a black powder coat. They look more than capable of withstanding any abuse that you would throw their way. Installation looks incredible simple and they will perfectly match the factory JL hinges. Front and rear pairs are $477.76 each.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 09:34 AM

Those are some pretty sweet looking doors, and fairly similar to some of the half door options we saw on the JK. They do look considerably more durable however.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 10:22 AM

They're great until a tree branch whips into the leg compartment through that door and hits you. Perhaps better left for airing out the car around town in the summer than any hard forest riding.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

I mean most of the times trails are cleared of overhanging branches, so that hopefully wont be an issue. And these doors would definitely allow for better visibility in determining your approach angle and tire position.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 05:01 PM

I wouldn't mind having carbon fiber doors. It would play more into aesthetics than anything else but most importantly I think there's a market for it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 09:29 AM

Carbon fiber doors aren't going to offer much durability though, and most of the people looking for aftermarket mods on the JL will be off road enthusiasts. I can understand wanting the carbon fiber look however.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page