10 things learned from wheeling in the JL - Wrangler JL Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

10 things learned from wheeling in the JL

Just wanted to share some info from an article released on drivingline. Looks like Jeep has done well with most of the changes on the JL, but they did note that 8 speed automatic may have an unnecessarily low first gear and that wind noises issues still seemed to have made the jump to the new platform.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 11:47 AM

I mean no one is really buying a Jeep and expecting a quiet ride. I'm sure they have improved some of the sound dampening, but not a lot can be done where there are so many removable parts. I've found that is often aftermarket accessories that contribute to the most road noise i.e lighting bars.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
I mean no one is really buying a Jeep and expecting a quiet ride. I'm sure they have improved some of the sound dampening, but not a lot can be done where there are so many removable parts. I've found that is often aftermarket accessories that contribute to the most road noise i.e lighting bars.
that's why im glad they're coming out with higher end jeep products, less pressure on the Wrangler to conform in ways that could take away from its character, if it wasn't for that I would be very concerned!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 10:34 AM

It's the little things in life and the new Wrangler comes with a USB-C port! That's unheard of right now, but the car who usually doesn't change much has one. The USB-C charges faster than normal USB, a bonus if you're low on charge.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepernator View Post
It's the little things in life and the new Wrangler comes with a USB-C port! That's unheard of right now, but the car who usually doesn't change much has one. The USB-C charges faster than normal USB, a bonus if you're low on charge.

Another best feature is that USB-C port as well as regular USB is ON while car is turned off and locked. It charges my GO Pro and iphone. The only downside is that you can’t record with GoPRO while charging at the same time. It’s because the USB-C port is not just powering but it’s trying to read SD card which disables recording capability on GoPro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 11:49 AM

Are there not any concerns over battery drain if these ports continue to be powered when the vehicle is off? I know a phone wont require much of a draw, but it could have an impact over the course of a few hours.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page