2018+ JL Wrangler Interior: What do we know so far? - Page 2 - Wrangler JL Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 02:02 PM

Even just running with the concept of this and offering a bigger screen than what we've been used to will be a good idea undoubtedly.

But with a recipe as good as the Wrangler, changing it drastically isn't exactly the answer, so an incremental bump from what the JK has is a safe expectation.

Maybe the new Wagoneer will have a screen as big as this. Only Jeep model I have the most confidence in getting it.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 09:02 AM

I think the current Wrangler has a 6.5-inch screen as standard, that's a bit on the small side compared to today's models from other manufacturers. 7-8 inch isn't a large jump and it'll offer buyers something larger.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 09:02 AM

The Wagoneer I would hope would have a nice large screen, that's supposed to be like $140k no? Something like the Wrangler, we've already discussed that we won't see any significant interior changes from looking at the minimal changes they've made over the years. Maybe the placement of things could be moved around slightly with some different knobs but can't really expect anything more than that lol.

What do you think would be the most interesting or noteworthy changes on the interior though?

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 10:13 PM

We all hope it will. That's what some speculation out there suggests and I don't think it will be that much, maybe once they release the highest spec Wagoneer but to start it should be around the price of an Escalade. That's the segment it competes in. Being priced above that it takes them into Range Rover pricing, not a practical move.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:19 AM

Honestly, I can't imagine Jeep making all that many changes to the interior aside from different trims and a slightly larger infotainment screen.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:53 AM

Maybe throw some colors on the interior and some fancier seats or something. Seat covers probably opposed to complete re-bolstered seats.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:00 AM

Wouldn't mind seeing a larger armrest cubby for all my junk. The current space in the JK is a tiny square. ANd more trim options for accent pieces like the air vents and handles.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:07 AM

If nothing else, at least we know we probably won't be getting the horrible JK headlamps, we'll may get optional LED headlights instead. That's what they're doing for the current gen Wrangler before it dies off.

But, this is about the interior so maybe we'll see a slight improvement in seat comfort with larger bolsters.
Jeep can't make too many changes or risk alienating enthusiasts.

Last edited by HighRider; 01-05-2017 at 09:16 AM.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:39 AM

Lol that meme is perfect.

Either way in regards to headlamps, those will be getting replaced with full LED versions anyhow, so that I'm not too worried about. I always end up doing some sort of lighting overhaul on any vehicle I get my hands on just because I frequent an area that doesn't have many lights at all so I need some real brightness.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 02:07 PM

Which trim do you guys think it will come standard on because with the mass appeal Jeep is aiming for I really don't see it coming standard on a base trim. From a cost perspective and what consumers need and don't need, it just won't make that much sense.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page