2.0l vs Rubicon Trail - Wrangler JL Forum
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mudrunner
  • 1 Post By JeepFan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

2.0l vs Rubicon Trail

TFL has released another video which showcases the off road capability of the new 2.0. Personally I think the Wrangler's have gotten a little expensive to thrash around on trails ($58k), but with some aftermarket protection, the new powertrain can definitely deliver.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 10:25 AM

It's not like the Rubicon is the only trail worthy model of the Wrangler. You could easily modify the $30k sport to be more trail worthy for a fraction of the cost. Better axels, a transfer case, a lift kit and some tires would do the trick.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 08:17 AM

Helping to save some money are sponsors. They always jump over new vehicles. Anyone able to meet the sponsor requirements should take advantage of the opportunity now. As certain mods become more common, sponsorship losses its value, they won't need you

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 10:10 AM

The 2.0l engine is pretty impressive, and I'll bet we'll see some aftermarket tunes for it by enthusiasts. One area where the Wrangler has always been subpar is with fuel economy. The latest EPA ratings have already been found to be quite inflated on the JL.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

I don't think many people buy into a Wrangler really expecting much in terms of efficiency, but FCA has already shown their roadmap towards hybrid/electric models. My main concern with these new variants will be the entry price however, as the new JL is already pretty pricey.
KuhlToys likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 07:22 PM

Most Wrangler owners I know accepted the fact that a slightly higher gas bill is the small trade off we pay for owning a purist SUV. Its either this or something car based...

hint: car based is not an option.
KuhlToys likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 12:11 PM

Wrangler owners can just justify the higher cost of ownership and maintenance, as they are paying for the unique qualities offered by the JL which can't be found elsewhere. We'll see if that changes when the new Bronco gets released
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:09 AM

Garage
More MPG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudrunner View Post
I don't think many people buy into a Wrangler really expecting much in terms of efficiency, but FCA has already shown their roadmap towards hybrid/electric models. My main concern with these new variants will be the entry price however, as the new JL is already pretty pricey.
I for one am much happier with the turbo 4 banger running uphill at 7000' and 70 mph in 7th gear instead of my JK V-6 huffing up in fourth near the red line. I think FCA is on the right track, just Jeep enough for Jeepers, and civilized enough to sell the volume needed to keep the line alive.

If they could just shrink the dang keyfob or at least offer a smaller one.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page