50 ways the JL improves upon the JK - Wrangler JL Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By American Jeeper

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

50 ways the JL improves upon the JK

There are host of improvements FCA has made to the Wrangler for this year. With more engine options than ever to choose from, newcomers will have a better opportunity than ever to spec the Wrangler to their liking. Here's a quick look at everything that's changed.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 10:01 AM

Solid upload, thanks for posting this. While the JL's first special edition is a bit disappointing, there is no denying that that the new model has implemented a bunch of welcomed improvements. I'm a bit surprised at just how well the 2.0L seems to be fairing off road.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
Solid upload, thanks for posting this. While the JL's first special edition is a bit disappointing, there is no denying that that the new model has implemented a bunch of welcomed improvements. I'm a bit surprised at just how well the 2.0L seems to be fairing off road.
tell me about it, even with smaller details like the raked windshield that to me makes the Wrangler feel bigger and slightly upscale. Other SUV's in its segment don't offer that.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 10:21 AM

Being able to run 35' tires without a lift on the Rubi speaks for itself. I've personally never saw the need for more than an inch or two, because you really start to see an impact on fuel economy after that. But the new transmission setup on the JL should help reduce that.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
Being able to run 35' tires without a lift on the Rubi speaks for itself. I've personally never saw the need for more than an inch or two, because you really start to see an impact on fuel economy after that. But the new transmission setup on the JL should help reduce that.
As per usual its the first step some can make here to get even more off roading edge to the effect of what's offered in a higher tier package from OEMs
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

The guy who made that video reported that even running 37's, he's still getting better fuel economy than he was on his older JK with 35's. He noted a 2-3mpg increase, thanks mostly to the new 8 speed.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudrunner View Post
The guy who made that video reported that even running 37's, he's still getting better fuel economy than he was on his older JK with 35's. He noted a 2-3mpg increase, thanks mostly to the new 8 speed.
Can't wait for a hybrid version because electric motors can deliver power instantly, within milliseconds in most cases.
Unfortunately there will be ICE engine loyalists that still won't be swayed with the better performance.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 10:03 AM

My only concern with Jeep moving towards hybrids and electrics is what that will mean for the starting price. It makes more sense to me for them to hold off on this transition until they can deliver it at a reasonable price.
post #9 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 05:29 PM

Hi guys, a little late to the party here. I am the creator of the video referenced here, and just found/joined the forum. Glad to be a part of it!
HoundDude likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page