ZF 8-speed auto? - Wrangler JL Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

ZF 8-speed auto?

Do we know if the JL will have the ubiquitous (and excellent) ZF 8-speed automatic transmission, currently fitted to the Grand Cherokee, Charger, and several other FCA products?

ZFs 8-Speed Automatic Transmission - Tech Dept. - Car and Driver

What is interesting is this transmission was specifically designed for use with start-stop systems. This could be the first Wrangler with a start-stop feature to save fuel.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 05:48 PM

Would be great if they include it, and it's a great way to get more mileage out of your gas, I just hope it wont' be a problematic transmission.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator View Post
Would be great if they include it, and it's a great way to get more mileage out of your gas, I just hope it wont' be a problematic transmission.
I read Jeep has been having a lot of problems with the transmission in the Cherokee. I hope they've learned something from that debacle!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameRedJK View Post
I read Jeep has been having a lot of problems with the transmission in the Cherokee. I hope they've learned something from that debacle!
Have you by any chanced looked into what exactly about the transmission could be causing the problems its having?

A next gen model is something they don't want to mess up (or at least I hope they don't) so, having it addressed is key, but then there's the need for good enough and meeting a deadline.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 04:31 PM

I'm new to the inner workings of cars so can someone please explain to me the difference between a 6 speed and an 8 speed? Does the vehicle go faster?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 05:47 PM
Sic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameRedJK View Post
you're talking about the 9 Speed. THis is the 8 speed in the WK2 GC and RAM 1500...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page