Wrangler JL Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone I have the LED tail lights with no blind spot sensors. I found the mopar part for the radar sensor was wondering if they can simply be added and activated with the taser jl or additional parts needed?

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
I believe that the tech parts are inside, and can be activated with a programmer. But in order to be fully functional you'll probably also need the mirrors (with blinkers). Could be worth looking into once they are cheaper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blind spot

i ordered the radar module and opened the rear signal LED but it seems there are a few parts to add my question is if the wiring is actually there from the rear to the head unit

·
Registered
169 Posts
I do not believe that they can be added after the fact, as you will require a new wiring harness. So this could end up being a very expensive add on. Imo JEEP should really just be placing the same harness from factory in all models, so owners like you can do exactly this.

·
Registered
467 Posts
IMO it might be better of to wait till you're ready to get a newer year model. Holding onto first year production vehicles aren't always the greatest either.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would just confirm whether or not you do in fact also need the mirrors for the system to work properly. I don't foresee the electrical work being that involved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts