Wrangler JL Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Most definitely. Direct steering response and quick reaction really makes a world of a difference and people who don't commute in those situations really don't understand how crucial that is.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Lol, tactical Wrangler driving 101.
If someone wanted a two door Bronco for more cabin/cargo space instead of a two door Wrangler, they may as well spring for the JL unlimited. Perhaps I'm just verty biased, but I can't see the Bronco offering anything that the next generation Wrangler lineup won't.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Lol, tactical Wrangler driving 101.
If someone wanted a two door Bronco for more cabin/cargo space instead of a two door Wrangler, they may as well spring for the JL unlimited. Perhaps I'm just verty biased, but I can't see the Bronco offering anything that the next generation Wrangler lineup won't.
Apparently the follow is the next generation Bronco, if its as big as it looks, odds are what can be had in a Wrangler 2 door in term of cargo space should be possible in the Bronco... maybe more

·
Registered
512 Posts
That looks like it's of similar size to a Wrangler Unlimited and you can easily fold down the rear seats for more cargo space. If there is a size difference, it shouldn't be too much, perhaps it can even be negligible.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think the Wrangler will win when it comes to sales numbers compared to the Bronco, just because of the brand name and what Jeep is associated with. If I was new to multipurpose vehicles, I'd go with the more well known model and brand compared to the Bronco even if it has a few inches of extra space.

·
Registered
470 Posts
There's no doubt about that. One because it already has shown and proved it's success, and two, this is essentially a first year model for the Bronco (yes they had it before but it's been dead for way too long). So any first year model will have some pretty low sales numbers until they build up... if they build up.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
For a product so new once again like the Bronco it will depend on how they promote and launch it since that alone can build into a success like the raptor. Ford knows how to launch products and this being in a key segment under a name thats very well known, it has better chances then something entirely new.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
A success in its own respect is what I meant to include, since with different segments there are different expectations to be had among all the other things taking place.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It is a possibility. Once they execute properly. At this point, we really don't see anything of it so it's going to be hard to determine or speculate what the reaction and feedback will be towards it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
It is a possibility. Once they execute properly. At this point, we really don't see anything of it so it's going to be hard to determine or speculate what the reaction and feedback will be towards it.
Well we do have the ranger, although we have to look to other markets to learn about it, some indication is better than none. its not like they will be going back to the drawing board to come out with something 100% different

·
Registered
470 Posts
Seen some info on it as well and Ford has already deemed "apparently" that the Bronco isn't going to be focused on off-roading considering the competition from Jeep is really "stiff" ;)

Once they know where they stand ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
not entirely surprised since recently car makers have been butchering classic names when bringing new products to market
but we can't really blame them, a vehicle configurator that worked out in the past might not be nearly as relevant today, but its name sure lives on with the historical value attached.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, Ford will have a very hard time producing a Bronco that can rival the Wrangler's off road prowess, so the next best thing for them to do is to appeal to those who want the off-road look but don't need the performance of one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If the doors don't come off, the Bronco won't even give me pause. If they do, then I'll need to see some evidence of that before I order my JL.

I do like Ford's Ecoboost engines, and I like that the Bronco might be enough of a competitor to cause Jeep to do their homework on the JL.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The Ecoboost engines are pretty great and you can tune them to some pretty high levels on that stock motor and internals. But... these aren't vehicles I'm looking for high power in. So the lacking of off-road abilities is enough for me to say no to the Bronco. If they aren't wanting to get it even close to on par... not worth the time for me.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The Bronco is apparently being designed as a Wrangler fighter in all areas but rock climbing, so if you're an avid rock climber then it may not be the car for you. But for general performance, if the Bronco comes with an ecoboost, removable doors and roof then it'll be a good rival for the Wrangler JL.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.