Wrangler JL Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like others here, I've always admired the Jeep. Never owned one because it just didn't work for me. Pickup trucks were my thing for pulling the bass boat, hauling lumber, etc. But I always figured that someday I'd own a Jeep. I usually keep a vehicle for 8 to 10 years. The exception is my current 1999 Ford F150 which I bought new. She has 280,000 miles, oil changed every 3,000 miles, bright red (get complements on her good looks all the time) and I wouldn't hesitate to drive her coast to coast today. The Jeep could very well be my last new vehicle, after all I am a geezer. She probably won't fit in with the hard core offroaders because she'll be babied. Don't get me wrong, I like those guys for what they do (I have a few good friends that fit that mold), they are the reason the Jeep is the vehicle that it is. I don't have the income to do what they do, and it's just not my thing. Please try not to hold that against me. During my military days as a First Sergeant at Fairbanks, Alaska, a Jeep was assigned to my Orderly Room. We loved that damned thing! I believe the JL is going to be my first Jeep. Looking forward to exchanging ideas and thoughts with all of you.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey welcome to the forums ! There's actually a good amount of vehicle that buy the Jeep and not modify it to the high heavens lol. Me personally, modifications will be there but over a longer period of time just because of income reasons. We all have responsibilities that take priority over modifying a depreciating material

1 - 2 of 2 Posts