Wrangler JL Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My name is Anna from Mid-Michigan, Central Ohio and Chicago. I love my new JL. I picked up a JLUR a few days ago. It is beyond fun! I have owned Jeeps since 1995. Honestly, I was very disappointed in the JKs and we had very much given up on Jeep. I still have my ‘04 X, I do love that still. It’s fun. It’s also aging and rusting. I shopped to replace it. I almost got a Hummer, then an H2, then a G wagen AMG. I almost pulled the trigger on each of those. Since I was out of the Jeep loop, I wasn’t getting any info about a new design or anything. I stumbled on the JL completely by chance. It was hard to find on a lot too. I live in a Columbus Ohio suburb. We have many Jeep dealers here. No one had one. I had to drive to BFE near Ft. Wayne to get it.

I need to get a motorized hard top lift thing for my garage. I also am on the fence about getting a lighted automatic step bar to pop out when the doors open. I wanted one. However, without it in these past 2 days my family has been able to flawlessly parkour into our seats. The fun we’ve had figuring out how to look cool while popping in and out of our seats is worth the price tag alone. Maybe I’ll search for my Go Pro and do a video on it.

It’s nice to see fun Jeeps come back on the market!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome to the forum Anna and congrats on your new JL! Glad to see that you've come back to your roots, and you've certainly picked the right model to do so. Which trim/color did you end up going with? You know they offer a powered soft top on the new model now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got an all bright white with a white freedom top, premium sound/entertainment and upgraded tan leather. It was someone else’s special order that had just come in. Apparently the other customer couldn’t finance it until their current lease was up in a couple of months. So they reordered for her and I drove away with what I wanted. I love the sound system.

I took the drivers side freedom panel off at my kids school this afternoon while I was waiting for his release. It was tougher than I thought it would be. It was large/bulky to remove - especially while balancing on the rocker panel trying to lean into the roll bar for support. I didn’t have anyone on the ground to hand it to. I just jumped down. I may want to keep a piece of felt in the car to lay over the edge so I’m not banging things up.

The retractable top will probably be popular for returning Jeep owners who want a change. It sure looks fun.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm guessing the main hurdle is the panel's weight and not the clasps holding it on. Can't really think of a good way to balance while holding a panel aside from some wider side steps.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The sound system certainly has come a long way. I remember wiring up my own 6X9 speakers for the rear, that I would just leave on the wheel wells. And you'll definitely be getting some good exercise taking the roof and doors on and off throughout the summer. No real experience like it, once you've taken everything off though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember when Jeep had a superior product than most cars - a Pioneer single CD stereo with a removable face plate. Fancy, huh? Ha ha!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah there was something special about having to pop off the faceplate and lock it in the glove box whenever you parked the car during the summer aha. I still recall during a huge rainstorm water actually coming out of the cd tray..and it still remaining operational.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts