Wrangler JL Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In video format and Redline even takes the time to lower the new Wrangler's windshield. He even had a chance to sit inside the Wrangler at LA Auto Show.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I understand that Jeep is looking to cut cost on the Wrangler but still giving us prop rods instead of struts is something i will never understand, especially when you can often get an aftermarket set for $100 which are just as good as any OEM spec strut.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rubicon is the only one that looks really good. The only thing I noticed in this review is that Sofyan said you can fit 35s with a lift from Jeep, but the JL Rubicon has a 2 inch higher fender to fit 35s without a lift. They stated that in the press release.

·
Registered
6 Posts
 The only thing I noticed in this review is that Sofyan said you can fit 35s with a lift from Jeep, but the JL Rubicon has a 2 inch higher fender to fit 35s without a lift. They stated that in the press release.
I've noticed this as well. I think the situation is this: 'yes, you can fit 35s to a JL Rubicon without any additional lift, but if you want to retain articulation then you are going to need a mild lift as well.' My personal instinct would to be to go for a mild lift anyway especially if adding a winch as it gives opportunity to better balance/correct the inevitable dip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This was a helpful video from the stand point of an interior shot with a known height for the person sitting in the front seat of the Rubicon version of the JL. Sofyan stated he is 5'7". While I have not sat in one, being 6'4" with 36" inseam, along with 250lbs of pasta loving weight, I do have a worry that I'm not going to fit as well as I'd hoped... Guess it is time to go find out for myself!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm still reeling from just how smooth lowering the windshield is when compared to the older Wrangler. Just one smooth motion though I'll need to be careful not to smash it down with my butter fingers.

·
Registered
604 Posts
In a way they had to. Trying to appeal to a wider market isn't when a product feels bare bones if you know what I mean especially when the market is flush with so many options. The Wrangler is nice but we can't discount what else can be bought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts