Wrangler JL Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AEV has been producing Wrangler JK conversions and this is about to be the final run. The Brute double-cab JK has been offered since 2012 and it certainly is a beauty. But, you're going to have to submit your order before March 31st as they're ending that run.

On their website,you can build and price your Wrangler Brute pickup and add all sorts of options. Of course pricing doesn't include the donor vehicle you will be supplying.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/brute-double-cab

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not a fan of the pickup variants and good thing too, the base Double Cab package is $41,665, not including the base donor vehicle which is another $30,000 to $50,000.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I would be interested in seeing their sales numbers after confirmation of the JT coming out. Not everyone wants to continue to own an older platfrom when a new one is right around the corner. But at the same time there are people who like going with what they know to be a solid product and a product where they know what areas need attention.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It makes sense as to why their ending the production as the JT is around the corner so there's not really a demand for these anymore. But I agree @Gladiator . I would also like to see what the re-sale value of these would be in the market too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It'll probably become a collectible in the future depending on how many were produced and how many will will be running after being driven hard off-road. resale value may drop or go up, I don't really know enough to make that call.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not that you can get a JK with a bed any other way but if I paid 100 grand for the Brute conversion only to see the JT come out and be better and with the factory warranty I'd be pissed.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the other thing. After spending $100k, and seeing what you could have bought, and what value it really brought you. I would be upset in general.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Not that you can get a JK with a bed any other way but if I paid 100 grand for the Brute conversion only to see the JT come out and be better and with the factory warranty I'd be pissed.
Already those guys are pissed, anytime this sort of thing happens, once news breaks of a true successor or an official product that replaces the "bandage", that's when prices really start to take a dip, anyone smart would have gotten out a long time ago, well before any JL test mules were spotted.

On the bright size that depreciation in price presents an opportunity for someone to still get an AEV.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It can definitely present a good opp for someone who likes the JK more than JL and still wants a bed but if they stop making them they may retain decent value.

·
Registered
299 Posts
We'll have to wait and see how the JK Brute stacks up against the upcoming Jeep pickup. For better performance that costs less, JK Brute owners may switch to the new Scrambler and saturate the market with used JK Brutes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
There isn't going to much of a comparison though in the sense. It probably won't even equate to more performance for less considering the cost to get all of that implemented into the JK Brute.

·
Registered
604 Posts
The only real benefit for the short term when comparing the two is if you want to do a lost of customization which in the case the JK wins by a land slide, and being as old as they are, you will find more people open to customization.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like the Brute. I have never seen one in person before, though, and there are a lot of custom Jeeps rolling around out here in Los Angeles. I would think a well cared for Brute would probably retain a lot of its value. It certainty wont be cheap!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I like the Brute. I have never seen one in person before, though, and there are a lot of custom Jeeps rolling around out here in Los Angeles. I would think a well cared for Brute would probably retain a lot of its value. It certainty wont be cheap!
One look at the classifieds section of the brute forum scared me away, well into the $100,000 range for one of them which is hard for most wrangler owners and potential wrangler owners to stomach. wouldn`t be surprised if countries in the middle east and even asian scoop them up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
There's so much you can do yourself with $100,000 and that's after getting the top trim JK Wrangler to build on. Too rich for my blood, but great if someone isn't big on making the modifications themselves but still want a decked out Wrangler.

·
Registered
467 Posts
There's so much you can do yourself with $100,000 and that's after getting the top trim JK Wrangler to build on. Too rich for my blood, but great if someone isn't big on making the modifications themselves but still want a decked out Wrangler.
I bet you can buy someones personal build for a good price and still have a lot of money left over that if you used up all $100k, it would be one amazing toy. I even seen some people buy good condition TJ's and build those instead. All depends on what your goals are as an owner, many ways to go about it with Wranglers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts