Wrangler JL Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought we could start gathering fuel economy numbers now that they're undergoing EPA testing. So far we know the 2018 Jeep New Wrangler Unlimited 4WD will have 18 city/23 highway/20 combined mpg, this is with the 3.6L V-6 and eight-speed automatic transmission.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nothing special about fuel consumption, in my opinion. The numbers are pretty similar to what we saw in the last couple of models. Want to see those testing results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm interested to hear about the eco-diesel and 4 cylinder options fuel economy more, which will come later. Not surprised the 3.6 8-speed transmission JL gets about the same gas mileage as the current JK. I just hope fuel economy gets better, but either way it doesn't really matter to me ill still buy one.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The Environmental Protection Agency released fuel economy ratings for the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder Jeep Wrangler JL. If paired with the eight-speed automatic transmission, it'll get 23 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway for a combined 24-mpg. The Unlimited model brings that down to 22 mpg in the city, 24 mpg on the highway and a 23-mpg combined rating.

Not the beast but still better compared to the standard 3.6-liter V6 engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts