Wrangler JL Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a video from VossenWheels with a Jeep Wrangler sitting on the VWS-3. Vossen x Work.

Front: 20x12
Rear: 20x12

Matte black face
Gloss black anodized barrels

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see that... KMC and Por Comp have some really nice wheels. I also seen a set from Rugged Ridge that didn't look too bad.

·
Registered
604 Posts
With the direction I would go with modifying the current generation or JL, Kahn offers a style of wheel I would go for and its come down to the point that this is the only style I would get:

·
Registered
467 Posts
These are my ideal wheels :) Lightweight, drag racing wheels !

on the terrain I plan to take mine on and with all the construction sites I have to pass by on the usual, those wheels will go to **** way too soon. I might not mind having them in matte black, that should easily take on the abuse.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The wheels would definitely get "Mangled", see what I did there ;)

But in matte black, they should be alright. The scratches will come, granted any wheel would, but the matte should be able to hide them well

·
Registered
467 Posts
No doubt .

Going to be different for everyone I just hope that owner sticks to keeping that thing on good clean road conditions. But at least the chrome/polished part is just the barrel.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Judging by the tire shine and how squeaky clean his treads are... I doubt he takes it out anywhere that'll do damage... or throw dirt for that matter lmao.

I would understand if it was a car show or something, but he's just hard-parked on the grass lol.

Thankfully worst case scenario, you can always re-barrel them or refinish them.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Butler has some nice wheels for the Wrangler too, their Fuel Throttle set looks great on a two door. There's so many option out there, when the time comes to choose a set for the JL, I'm going to be stuck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Butler wheels online ?? They sell/distribute for different companies like TSW,HRE, etc. ? Or is it an actual brand ??

·
Registered
247 Posts
Chrome just doesn't look that great on an off road vehicle like the Wrangler, silver is fine but not chrome. Needs something more hardy like the VFS/5.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeaa those look like they'll match perfectly. Just like the ones I posted, I find their similar in colour effectiveness. Those style of wheels may look a little odd on the wrangler though. It definitely needs some dish on there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts