Wrangler JL Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I found the short article and apparently these are for the automatics. Are they suggesting that the JL won't come with a manual?

·
Registered
604 Posts
With no applications yet that has me concerned about what issues could come up with the transmission come time for it to be mated with the JL wrangler.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm sure they'll put it through rigorous test first even if the wrangler JL is it's first application model.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm sure they'll put it through rigorous test first even if the wrangler JL is it's first application model.
No doubt, just about what every successful company that makes a product does. It would stuck to get a vehicle they did no testing on :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With no applications yet that has me concerned about what issues could come up with the transmission come time for it to be mated with the JL wrangler.
its an evolution from ZF themselves, not a new transmission, improvements...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will be interesting to see the automatic wrangler off road. See how it handles climbing.
will be fine, if not better, it'll crawl without slipping the clutch. new software changes ratios on the fly... have you seen what they did with Cheokee trackhawk?

·
Registered
512 Posts
The 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk? That Hellcat is a beast that I would like to see in a wrangler but that's not going to happen.

·
Registered
604 Posts
and no crawl back, just the same fear guys with old manual transmission vehicles have when stopped on a hill and need to start moving.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That initial roll back is a stressful especially in bumper to bumper traffic. Very little leeway before you need to start moving.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Even worse when the guy behind you doesn't think about leaving you space on a hill and are within a foot of your rear bumper.

I've had to step on my brake and gas at the same time, slowly letting off the brake while applying more throttle..just so i wouldn't roll back.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk? That Hellcat is a beast that I would like to see in a wrangler but that's not going to happen.
Trailhawk...typo sorry...

Sand mode Mud mode Snow Mode Gravel Mode Crawl mode LOL... its all there...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Even if it is, by transmission code, it still is possible that what we get will be better. All depends on what's happening inside that transmission case that's problematic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts