Wrangler JL Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allpar has some info regarding the Wrangler Pickup derivative.

It will have Wrangler in the name somehow and won't be much of a pickup...

Expect the pickup to have the word “Wrangler” in it, to get the iconic SUV into the top ten truck lists; and also expect limited production of, say, 40,000 per year, worldwide, with a small bed and fairly light cargo capacity.
Missing Mopars of 2015: Jeep Scrambler Pickup

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't think I was ever expecting it to have a long bed the size of a normal pickup. Always thought it would be a bit shorter than that.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't think I was ever expecting it to have a long bed the size of a normal pickup. Always thought it would be a bit shorter than that.
Same here, doing that would make it lose some Jeep characteristics, at least this way it's still kept as what you'd expect to see on a Jeep.

Real life example:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am a little surprised at the production volume they are anticipating. Seems like they may be able to sell more than that.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I wouldn't doubt that, truck market as a whole is picking up, and already there are people willing to put money down on a Jeep Truck. Folks going to the extent of conversions goes to show that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
maybe they just want to make sure there is more demand than supply so that they don't end up offering incentives for them all.

·
Registered
604 Posts
When aftermarket companies are coming out with conversion kits for a brand new vehicle, that's a sure sign of demand, especially when demand for that breaks into what is justified on a mass production level. Combine that with the current state of the truck industry and its a win.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts