Wrangler JL Forum banner

Off Road Pages

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TIDALWAVE 
#1 ·
It seems that the Off Road pages of the Uconnect system have stopped working. I sent a mail to FCA about this and got the following reply:

"According to a recent update provided by FCA US LLC on March 8th; the
decision was made by Uconnect to hold off on the Off-Road Pages for the
Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited lineup until the 2019 model year. With
that being said, the Off-Road Pages will not be available for the 2018
Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited model year; nor will they be available
as a software update."

When I placed my order and paid my deposit Off Road pages was part of the description of the vehicle I ordered. Taking it away now doesn't seem fair. It's even worse for those who already have taken possession of their vehicles: they had the feature for a while and lost it in the most recent software update!

Call you dealer and make them understand that this isn't OK.

#3 ·
Yeah I saw an article about this last week, that several owners we're pretty upset that this feature was seemingly vanished. Don't think its a good business practise, to just remove a feature with no plans to restore the functionality. If it can be removed with an update, why cant it be re-implemented?

#4 ·
ORP was in the UConnect 8.4 system. Updates suppressed them for whatever reasons. If your new Jeep did not have a good WiFi connection, OPR was available until you got reception. Many people started to propose a class action suit...but that would have taken years to settle. What seems to have happened is that a lot of bad publicity began to accumulate...FCA has supposedly capitulated and agreed to update ORP to work in the '18 model. No news when the programmers are finally going to get it fixed. Hopefully, before the 2019 models come out in the Fall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.