Wrangler JL Forum banner

Old School Jeeps

17K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  Solo 
#1 ·
We're still waiting for news of the new Wrangler JL and its impending debut. But before then, we can take a look at some old Jeeps that we wish we had.

I'd like to get my hands on a 1960 Willys Jeep Gala Runabout. It may be a glorified golf cart, but I'd still like one and the blue one below is going up for auction in January. Wish I had the funds for it, but only around 1000 units were sold and mostly in the tropical areas.

See less See more
#7 ·
A Jeep In a Crate is the stuff of legends! I'd be more than happy top keep it as stock if I ever have a chance to own one and no changes will be made aside from maintenance needs. The Willys MB was even popular back in the 70s.

That's on Wrangler we'd all love to own.

#8 ·
If only I could afford one, but the one you generally find aren't in good condition as far as I can see. The model is very old and people do like to drive them instead of having it sit in the garage, meaning general wear and tear of the vehicle no mater how sturdy Jeep built it.

#9 ·
It still surprises me that while some European brands make a serious effort to restore older vehicles, American car makers are doing squat! Old American vehicles were so great that the Japanese copied us and took inspiration from us, and it might be safe to say that even Land Rover did.

Land Rovers Efforts...

Are first-generation Range Rovers high-grade classics yet? Land Rover clearly hopes so, having confirmed it will be featuring the Rangie as part of its Reborn program, which is currently producing as-new restorations of the Series 1 Land Rover. This effort is clearly aimed at European customers, where the original Range Rover was launched as long ago as 1970 and has therefore had more time to burnish its classic status. Sales in the U.S. only began in 1987, and values haven’t risen here anything like as strongly as they have for early two-door Range Rovers on the other side of the Atlantic.
Land Rover Launches ?Reborn? Program for Vintage Range Rovers ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

#12 ·
The Willys was an exceptional vehicle when they were still being built and even today, seeing one in real life would be exciting. Just something about how minimalistic the design is and how rugged they were.

What I wouldn't give to find one in such good condition for an affordable price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.