Wrangler JL Forum banner

Overdue intro

12K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  gladiator 
#1 ·
Kurt here...Guess I should post an intro to now that I am actively in the market for a JL.

I'm doing as much research as I can for all the JL info I can find since Jeep is so tight lipped. Looking to get into a 4 banger JL if they tune it properly and the roof and doors still come off. If they screw it up I may end up in a 2018 JK. We shall see time will tell hopefully sooner then later.

#9 ·
There's been a lot of talk about the three new roof configurations because we've never seen them on a stock Wrangler before. I assume the hype has been drowning out the more traditional options like fully removing the roof. Or the “true three-piece” is just a fancy way of saying “regular three-piece”.

#10 ·
I was hoping we can get a look at one of the roofs through spy shots but even with the recent round of spy shots, you can't make out what style roof that mule has.
However this time around is wearing much less camo and more along the lines of a pre-production model that some early development test mule.

#17 ·
I can imagine the soft touch steering wheel will be there. Been in the 2017 Compass recently and the steering wheel was definitely real soft. I think it was heated as well? I have small hands, but the steering wheel wasn't too skinny nor too fat feeling. It was a full, nice, soft kind of grip.

#18 ·
Even if there's nothing much beyond the leather wrapped onto the steering wheel, most of us will be happy enough with it. Worst case scenario we'll need a steering wheel cover. Coming from a history of old cars and sport cars that typically had hard steering wheels, that type of comfort won't be nearly as important.

#21 ·
As far as I can recall its only the GC which gets a heated steering wheel, so odds are this will be the first Wrangler to get it as a factory option.

Also on this note about steering feel is feedback coming from the steering rack and vibrations from other areas of the vehicle that makes its way up, JK's are notorious for that, hopefully this time they work that out.

#26 ·
But the question is, will they? They're doing incremental changes as always and changing major components like that is a big thing. If they haven't received enough complaints about the JKs, it would be in their best interest to utilize the same parts as they're already there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.