Wrangler JL Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned a couple of Wranglers many years ago.

Just about to pull the trigger on a new factory order JL Sahara

Punkn Metallic
Black cloth
6spd
Cold Weather Group
Trailer, Tow, HD electrical Group
Proximity Keyless Entry
Navigation
Body Color Hardtop

Of course, I did a lot of research. Here, Edmunds, TrueCar. Big mistake, TrueCar. All that did was get me a ton of emails and phone calls - instantly! All dealers were trying to sell me what I did not want. Any color, too, as long as it is black. Not there is anything wrong with black.

I sent all dealers who contacted me my exact build sheet, pdf, from jeep.com, and asked to be contacted by email only, and to provide out-the-door pricing

I seem to have made some over the top request... Something they’ve never heard of🙄

It’s been interesting.

1 dealer got back within a couple of hours, under invoice and gave me what doc fees would be

1 dealer gave me what might be a good price, but is not answering my questions about fees

1 dealer gave me “invoice pricing” that was substantially over what I reasearched. And then asked how much I was willing to pay over invoice, “because they are a business and need to make money” (unsolicited info...)

1 said he would get back to me....36 hours now

1 no acknowledgement beyond TrueCar sales nonsense

I’ll wait another day or so and probably go one more round.

$44765 is MSRP

Best offer so far is $41600 ( just below invoice depending on site) plus $397 in fees, $135 reg

MA has no limit on doc fees...

I don’t know how all these folks claim to get 4 and 5% under invoice. I don’t see that happening here, not without unnecessay stress.

Plus I want to get this in before ordering closes

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad to hear that you'll be getting back into a Wrangler. Wish there we're so many politics involved in purchasing a new vehicle, and a good dealer can make all the difference in your experience. Smart to move to shop around a bit before you make a final decision.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome! And I find it highly doubtful that you'll be able to get a new JL for that much under MSRP. Maybe you can negotiate with them to include some accessories that you may be looking into.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Some police forces used these as part of their fleet, not always do they hold onto them for long.
Seen police vehicles sell to the public after 1-2 years.
If you look around long enough, these can be found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts