Wrangler JL Forum banner

Rugged Wrangler?

12K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Mangler 
#1 ·
Now this is something very different. As much as I appreciate rugged and the whole rat rod look, I certainly am not someone that would own one. This one was made for a hunter by Vilner and it's called the "Jeep Wrangler Hunting Unlimited"

Other than the obvious on-purpose rust job, the interior was re-done, fox suspension components added, a winch, and 37" BFG Krawler T/A tires were added.

Engine remains the same.

See less See more
#3 ·
This certainly erks me. The interior is absolutely horrendous in my opinion. So many different types of leather and textures and nothing goes together with anything. I understand it's for a hunter and they like that stuff (typically) but darn... that's excessive.

#5 ·
I don't really get the whole "beaten leather" usage on it. I understand you want a rustic kind of look, but that's like buying jeans with holes in them already. Doesn't make sense. But yeah, maybe if it was all the same texture but I think at that point, it would look like everything disappears.

#9 ·
What's funny is as much as this is theme'd for the wilderness, all that suede on the interior isn't going to help someone that's putting this through the dirt and dragging some of that in, which has me thinking this will just be all show, never seeing it in action doing the sort of things it has the potential for.

#10 ·
The already worn suede and leather would get eaten very quickly if this were to under-go real hunters and their typical etiquette with vehicles lol. The typical rugged hunters are very "rough" for a lack of better words when it comes to their vehicles and the way they treat/maintain them.

#14 ·
That is true. I was just thinking if they were willing to throw 5 saddle bags into the back of the rear seats, I'm sure a rack wouldn't have been much more, especially the really nice simple one you posted there. I like that. Still retains functionality of the sunroof and your tool is in a convenient spot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.