Wrangler JL Forum banner

Two Door Wrangler JL

25K views 72 replies 7 participants last post by  JeepFan 
#1 ·
The two door variant of the upcoming Wrangler Jl was spotted by the FoxNews test car hunter. It may be getting ferried away on a truck after a mechanical failure, but at least we get some nice shots of it as a result.

See less See more
#2 ·
This is such a teaser of the roof since we can see its vertical lines printed showing through the camo but not the cuts that would help us in suggesting how big the panels would be. Closest indication of that is the JT. Panels on these 2 should be similar.

Anything else you guys can spot??

#3 ·
Well, they mentioned a set of Rubicon-style wheels. What I'm excited about are the possible rests for a fold-down windscreen sticking through the wrap covering the hood . Not sure how close the photographer go to the Wrangler to be able to see that and I'm hoping they're right. Jeep is sticking to what we're used to seeing on a Wrangler with the JL and it'l go a long way with loyal buyers.

#4 ·
Last i heard they wanted to get rid of the fold down windshield, so you can throw that idea out the window till we have real confirmation (Dec 2017).

Now, this being a test mule Jeep knows the public will see, odds are they've done certain things to throw us a curve ball.

#20 ·
Unlike makers of certain cars/trucks/suv's, the Wrangler is a special product that doesn't require too much going back to the drawing board, so from trim to trim its a very streamlined process. Because of that we should see both the Unlimited and regular come out at launch.

#23 ·
Unlimited for sure since 40% of the time my leisure activities require the sort of space an Unlimited provides which the two-door can't.

Also I plan on getting a sports car down the road, this will be my daily driver, it doesn't get more practical than Unlimited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.