Wrangler JL Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a whole host of custom Wranglers making their appearance at this years SEMA. One of them is this highly bespoke JL that's been heavily modified by Bruiser Conversions. Its powered by a Corvette V8 LS3, in either 450 or 500hp versions. Its got beefy Dana 60 axels and a stretched chassis to accommodate a customized bed. Do you guys like what's been done here or is it too much?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm a fan of everything but the extension. I don't feel like messing around with the vehicles dynamics is necessary, but I understand that this is a one off conversion. I do think it also would have made more sense to go with an engine that provides more low end torque like the Hemi or LT1.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I realized that for myself after seeing behind the screens footage of vehicles going from stock to fully built in a matter of weeks and ready for SEMA at the very last minute.
No surprise that its just show worthy, nothing else left for them to prove.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys have brought up some solid points, but show cars like this are merely meant to demonstrate what's possible on a vehicle, regardless of the added capability that it provides. The Hemi would obviously be the better candidate if they were looking to really add to its off road performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.