Wrangler JL Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big news! There's a recall for 2018 Jeep Wranglers because of an issue that could prevent drivers from turning off cruise control.

The issue can be triggered when the car accelerates while operating under cruise control, which it might do in order to maintain its speed while climbing a hill, the company said. This could potentially cause a short circuit.
When this happens, tapping on the brakes or hitting the designated switch may not turn off cruise control. Huge problem especially at freeway speeds.

Fiat Chrysler recalls 4.8 million vehicles that could get stuck in cruise control

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wow that's got to be one of the largest recalls we've seen as of late. Cant believe how many different FCA vehicles are being affected by it. Looks like Marchionne is going to killing off Fiat in North America, and Chrysler from everywhere else anyways.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If there's a fuse that just controls this or some other features we don't entirely depend on it will be a good idea for owners to do that while waiting for servicing. Just had to put that out. better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Unfortunate that this problem wasn't found prior to production beginning on the JL. At least they already have a fix with a new software update. If only they could do that over the air. It's going to take quite a long time to work through that number of units.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer told me "I could still use my cruse control". I will not take him up on that advice.
One can only wonder what the real story is on this when a dealers says not a problem to use cruse in spite of the recall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.