Wrangler JL Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
I bet if it wasn't in the city and in the public eye, odds are cops would turn a blind eye. They just had to pull it over. But now that they had a close up look at it, I wonder what they were able to see.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Halogens? Aren't those LED lights on the JL? I thought we were expecting to see the new Wrangler comes with LED fender lights and maybe even LED taillights.

·
Registered
470 Posts
They look pretty "yellow" to me but not 100% sure, in the other spyshots you can definitely see LED tail lights though so that's one thing we can look forward to

·
Registered
604 Posts
There's little reason for them to run official lights since during testing its more about other more important functioning components than lighting. Lighting is on the simple side of the spectrum compared to drivetrain and the like.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well, the Jeep engineers certainly ran some kind of light. :D I'll show myself out...
Has anyone noticed the fog lights on either side of the headlights? Think they're recessed lighting?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well, the Jeep engineers certainly ran some kind of light. :D I'll show myself out...
Has anyone noticed the fog lights on either side of the headlights? Think they're recessed lighting?
Well played :wink2:

Those are just the marker lights though aren't they?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I see what you mean and this might be the same higher trim JL floating around elsewhere. If so then maybe the basemodel will have a delete plate in that area. Taking away little things like that can position them for more aggressive entry-level pricing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Best way to judge a car's trim level is by their rims, but I've only ever seen the same set on the JL mule so I'll take your word for it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Here's a picture of the JL mule caught in the act of running a red. Guess they were just trying to avoid the spy photographers and ended up getting pulled over instead.

·
Registered
604 Posts
They probably did it intentionally since going into a city environment there's no escaping cameras and people that know what it potentially is, that's a fact.
It's all a stunt, don't be fooled.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Staging running a red light doesn't really seem like something that would be staged...

You often see vehicles testing on public roads so that's not anything irregular. You don't really see them getting in trouble for breaking rules though. I think the last time was the Ford GT that was pulled over for speeding or something that I can remember.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I see test vehicles often in Los Angeles (including the JL), especially on Angeles Crest Highway. I can say with certainty that those deputies were not involved in staging anything. I am a little surprised that they did pull them over, though. Downtown is LAPD area, and these guys are, most likely, Transit Bureau deputies, who generally just deal with the buses and trains. Maybe they like Jeeps, too?!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Won't be surprised if a few of the deputies are fans and just wanted a very close look at the mule, but the JL mule did really run a red light. Must be exciting, have you seen the mule yourself?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Won't be surprised if a few of the deputies are fans and just wanted a very close look at the mule, but the JL mule did really run a red light. Must be exciting, have you seen the mule yourself?
I believe some forces have Wranglers in their fleet so that might be another area of interest that has them on it. Seen a similar reaction to the new Taurus when it came out before some forces even got their new fleet models.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts