Wrangler JL Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Renegade showing Jeeps latest design language, featuring an "x" design tail light setup, what are the chances we could expect the 2018 Wrangler JL to get something similar?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't see it on the spied photos but Jeep may be using a stock body for testing. Would be cool is they used the iconic X in the tail lights.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well what you saw in the recent spy shots give no direction as to how the JL will look, it was using a JK body, so all you saw was JK features.

Throughout brands its known design language makes its way around the vehicle line up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised. I think that people have had a positive reaction to them so it would make sense. Maybe an ever so slight variation on them, but it would be a good move to have more cohesion between the different models.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you look at the current Wrangler model, it's not hard to see how the X-lights would fit. The tail lights are already square. We know that Wrangler will be basically the same design as the current one, just updated and tweaked. The X-lights seem like they fit right in with that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
And it looks good too.
I see that a bit of the light shows through on the side of the casing. Is that part of the tail light or does it function as something else?

·
Registered
96 Posts
On the left side of the light. Surrounded by black casing.

I assume that it is an actual light. It could also be a reflector. but I can't say for sure. Maybe only a turn signal.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the left side of the light. Surrounded by black casing.

I assume that it is an actual light. It could also be a reflector. but I can't say for sure. Maybe only a turn signal.
Sure seems like it has a spot for a blub from what i can make of it through this picture, you can see this right in the middle.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hey! It's got the Jeep grille in the middle of the light! Ddi not notice that.
Why don't you like the lights anymore?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Indeed a reflector.

At least they added something on the side profile for a bit extra safety to help us be seen.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well fortunately that's not a part they go all cookie cutter with, so at most we might see some renegade tail light DNA in the JL

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That i would say is not likely, its just a different beast just look at how it has been in the past, expect that in the future.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm glad they have variance in the lineup anyway. Some people hated the CHerokee headlights but I think they are modern and different. THe X taillights are a little campy in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts